For the clay and dirt track the B74.1D buggy is the one to choose. The engineers at Team Associated were quick to answer this with a new chassis configuration and a long list of features designed for the winning edge.
- Center differential with 72T and 78T spur gears and 200,000 cSt silicone fluid.
- Includes 1.2mm and 1.3mm anti-roll bars front and rear for dirt.
- 5.0mm rear hex adapters for wide stance with dirt tires.
- Includes updated kit setup with V2 spring package of yellow front and blue rear springs.
- Includes shorter 23mm front and 27.5mm V2 Big Bore threaded aluminum shocks with 12mm machined pistons and X-rings for lower CG, reduced weight, and improved performance.
- New 4mm graphite front shock tower lowered by 2mm with an additional row of tuning holes.
- New 4mm graphite rear shock tower lowered by 5.5mm for maximum stability and predictability.
- +3mm aluminum steering rack for optimized bump steer at low ride heights.
- 66mm rear CVA driveshafts and axles for more on-power traction and a more predictable driving feel.
- New molded ESC tray for quick electronics removal for cleaning.
- New molded 30mm fan mount and hardware. (Fan not included)
- Updated aluminum LRC C and D suspension mounts for more rear traction and better cornering balance.
- Increased flex with 2.0mm G10 chassis brace supports for more predictable rear traction and better bump handling.
- New simplified design 2.5mm graphite battery strap with indexed battery locations, easy height setup, and battery removal for both standard and low-profile shorty batteries.
- New low-profile molded plastic battery posts included in addition to standard posts.
- New 16mm differential outdrives with a more durable, lightweight design.
- Updated rear wing with optional low carpet racing trim line for reduced drag in high traction.
- Updated symmetric rear arms with new shock mounting position (farther inside) for increased rear traction on dirt.
- Updated plastic rear hub for more durability on the upper link mount. RC10B74.1 hubs continue with the aluminum rear hub link mount and axle height adjustment in 1mm increments for fine tuning.
- Updated 2.5mm graphite steering arms for increased durability.
- Updated plastic steering blocks with 5x12mm outer ball bearing with steel bearing tubes for improved durability.
- Updated V2 2mm hard-anodized 7075-T6 aluminum chassis with spur gear clearance and updated mount holes for ESC tray
LEGACY B74 FEATURES
- 7075-T6 aluminum bulkheads with quick-change 0mm-3mm adjustable differential height for low ride-height on carpet while maintaining efficient driveshaft alignment.
- Car design allows use of center differential or slipper clutch without changing center driveshafts.
- Easy access to differentials for worry-free maintenance and adjustment.
- 7075-T6 aluminum arm mounts use inserts for fine tuning a large range of anti-squat, kick-up, and toe adjustments.
- Front and rear anti-roll bars use a common shape for minimal spare part count.
- 7075-T6 aluminum sliding motor mount and center bulkhead with increased rigidity for more accurate gear mesh.
- 7075-T6 aluminum 9-degree caster blocks.
- Floating servo mount with 7075-T6 aluminum mount and 2.5mm graphite brace.
- Lightweight clear body and wing included.
Power Source: Electric
Body Style: Buggy
Scale Size: 1:10 Scale
Assembly Level: Kit*
Length: 395mm (15.55in)
* This vehicle comes as a kit and must be fully assembled by the user. Electronics and/or an engine/motor may be required.
REQUIRED TO COMPLETE
- 1:10 scale electric motor
- Electronic speed control
- 3.7V-7.4V LiPo, 6.0V LiFe (standard or low-profile case height)
- Battery charger (suitable for batteries mentioned above)
- 2-channel surface transmitter
- 2-channel receiver
- Steering servo
- Spray paint for polycarbonate body
- 1:10 scale off-road wheels and tires
- Other helpful items: Silicone Shock Fluid, Silicone Diff Fluid, FT Body Scissors, thread-locking compound, FT Body Reamer, FT Hex/Nut Driver set, CA tire adhesive
- Tools: FT Body Scissors, FT Body Reamer, FT Hex/Nut Driver set, hobby knife, needle nose pliers, wire cutters, soldering iron, calipers or precision ruler
Since 1965 Associated Electrics has grown from a few slot-car parts to today being in the forefront of the hobby-car racing by designing and shipping RC cars and parts to hobby shops all over the world. Ranging in size from 1:32 to the nitro-thundering 1:8 scale, their vehicles are on and off road, and powered by electric motors or nitro engines. Their race-level competition vehicles include buggies, touring cars, monster trucks and short course trucks. The in-house staff of accomplish racers research and develop their own radio-control car products. Associated Electrics has their own race team that race what they sell, winning many championship awards.