About the Car
This large-scale model is a replica of the Porsche 934. Introduced in 1975 the 934 is based on the 930 with a Turbo RSR Type 934 developed to compete in the Group GT category FIA races. During the 1970’s the car had a high-powered flat-six turbo engine that dominated the production car racing with many impressive performances to include 2nd place at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
This model is the Max Moritz team orange livery color of main sponsor German liquor maker Jägermeister. During the 1976 International Championship for Manufacturers season, the car came in 4th place.
- 1/12 scale plastic assembly model kit. Length: 360mm (14.2 in), Width: 168mm (6.6 in).
- Compared to item 12040, this version of the kit features NEW slick tires.
• Left and right doors and front and rear hoods are openable.
• All of the flat-6 turbo engine’s cables, cords, and piping details.
• The rack & pinion arrangement enables moveable front wheels linked with the steering wheel.
• Moveable front and rear suspension features coil spring dampers.
• Roll-cage is precisely reproduced.
• Photo-etched parts depict brake discs, catch pins, side radiator, and seatbelt for the ultimate finish.
• Sponsor and car number decals are produced by Cartograf.
About the Brand
Porsche, specializing in high-performance sport cars, SUVs, and sedans, is a German automobile manufacturer headquartered in Stuttgart. The company is owned by Volkswagen AG. The company was founded by Ferdinand Porsche along with Adolf Rosenberger and Anton Piech in 1931. They started out being a vehicle development and consulting company. One of its first assignments was from the German government to design the Volkswagen Beetle, a car for the people. Using many of the components from the Beetle, the Porsche 64 was developed in 1939. The Porsche logo is fashioned after the coat of arms of the Free People’s State of Wurttemberg Germany of 1918-1933.
About the manufacturer
Tamiya, founded by Yoshio Tamiya, is a Japanese manufacturer of plastic model kits and radio-controlled cars. Founded in 1946, they are located in Shizuoka, Japan. The company has the reputation among hobbyists of producing outstanding quality that is easy for even beginners to understand and build. They entered the RC market in 1976 with the Porsche 934 RSR.